Tuesday 28 February 2017

Skype session with Paula


On Friday I attended the midday skype session with Megan Louch, Laura jayne and Victoria Vickers also present. We began by giving each other a brief description on our inquiry and explaining what we wish to research/discover.
We looked at the following diagram which can be seen in the module 3 handbook and discussed where we all were in the process;


I am currently in between stages 2 and 3, as I am constantly looking at literature and am in discussion with my participants to decide on times and dates for interviews. It was a comfort, having listened to the other girls in the session, to know that we were all currently working around the same stage.

We were shown some images that might depict how we feel as we begin to venture into module 3. This image represents my current feelings towards module three and also the previous modules. For me, the course so far has been a bit of a maze of all of my thoughts and ideas, and although the finish line isn't straight, I now feel that my direction is clearer and that I will make it through!


I discussed how my SIG had brought up some ideas that I hadn't thought of and that I needed to factor into my Inquiry, this being that, by searching for factors of the perfect audition, there are many factors that are out of our control. 
A key point that was made by Paula in this skype session was that we are looking for an UNDERSTANDING of the line of inquiry NOT an answer. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks Lauren - like the maze image - most likely useful research should have a few surprises in the findings!

    ReplyDelete