Wednesday 15 March 2017

Skype session


Today I attended the midday skype session with Paula - Megan Louch was also in attendance. We briefly discussed where we were in our inquiry and we both agreed that we seemed to be working on stages 2, 3 and 4 all at once. 

I was asked what my most recent findings were and I (attempted) to explain that my interviews, as well as discussions with my sig, have uncovered certain points in my inquiry that seem to not be discussed publicly and therefore I am struggling to find relating literature.

This led me to define the term; 

Implicit - suggested though not directly expressed. 

For example Megan mentioned how certain schools are pigeon holed for certain jobs or by certain companies/casting directors. This is where my problem lies, as performers we are aware that this goes on, but i'm not going to find any literature source where a casting director openly admits that they only see people from a particular school. You only have to flick through a programme to see that some west end shows are cast entirely from one school. But I was concerned that a lack of literature in regards to some of my discoveries meant my discoveries were worthless towards my inquiry. 

It was good to be reminded that we are not looking for one definitive answer, we may come up with solutions or may even further the debate. 

I mentioned that I had concerns in regards to how I present/analyse my data and I referenced one of Megan's most recent blogs as she had already spoken to Paula about structuring analysis. I have attached a link to the blog below as well as the step by step point Megan noted down which i found particularly helpful. 

http://meganlouch.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/tutorial-with-paula-tuesday-14th-march.html

What people said → My interpretation → Compare it to literature → Evaluate the information with SIG'S → Extend the meanings → Relate to my professional practice


1 comment: