Thursday 6 October 2016

Lines of enquiry...


As I start to explore some potential lines of enquiry I can't help but feel apprehensive towards module two and the work that surrounds developing my ideas. After a very insightful chat with Paula on the phone today I realised that my struggle may stem from the fact that I have a multitude of jobs, as many of us do while we audition, and that my professional practice could be a multitude of different things. So, instead of panicking about this, I have decided to see my vast array of jobs as an even better opportunity to explore different ideas.

To begin this, I list my jobs;

-I teach singing
-I teach dance
-I work as a part time TA in primary schools
-I do a lot of SA work
-I perform (currently rehearsing for Rent, playing Mimi)
-I sing at and run Princess Parties
-I run my own business, hand decorating bridal shoes and accessories

Instantly having done this, I can already think of a few more lines of enquiry that might be worth looking into further, so going back to 2d, and adding/changing the list, as a few of my jobs have changed now - my current ideas are as follows;

The importance of arts in education: Is there a growing stigma towards the arts, with particular interest on musical theatre, as children mature?




Should actors be extras? Is there a stigma surrounding SA work? If so, why?




Life after being a performer; should we all have a plan B?



The professional auditionee; how do we prepare ourselves for the process and deal with rejection?




I have mind mapped my ideas, to see what my initial thoughts are but I am looking forward to discussing some of these ideas with my fellow module 2's and also people I work with to see if they can bring new light to my ideas.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!














No comments:

Post a Comment