Wednesday 24 February 2016

Task 1D: 2d images

As I already have a personal Instagram account which I use frequently I thought I would give Flickr A go for BAPP purposes, to upload any images or work that I find interesting and poignant while researching.

With sites such as Flickr and Instagram being more popular than ever, digital storytelling is a fantastic way to not only keep friends and family up to date with what you are up to but also allow contacts and/or the general public to take a look at your day to day life and get to see what you are like as a person, all based on what you chose to reveal. I blogged yesterday about the power of Facebook and for me, the use of images is just as influential. However I think the power of imagery can sometimes be even greater and sharing photos on the fore mentioned sites to me is a lot less risky than other forms of social media. Like Facebook, these image based sites all have privacy settings but in contrast I have found I have much more control on Instagram. I am solely in charge of what I upload on Instagram and even though people can leave comments, audience participation on these type of sites seems to be much more formal that on Facebook and a standard response to anything posted on Instagram is a 'like' rather than a comment. Similarly, Facebook allows people to tag you in images that you might not want on your wall, where as anything you are tagged in on Instagram goes into a separate album and is not visible on your picture wall, meaning when you search for me you are instantly greeted with images that I have chosen to represent me and not a photo that someone has picked for me.

So, my Flickr address...  https://www.flickr.com/photos/laurenlaine25/

As always, feedback welcome!

LLx


1 comment: